Monday, August 4, 2008

Missed Opportunities

At the start of the summer I was thinking about attending the hip hop festival Rock the Bells, which I went to last summer (It was crazy!!!) But since it wasn't coming to the Mitten I figured I would try to catch it in NYC, the hip hop Mecca. Work obligations prevented this and I was pretty bummed considering the lineup read like a list of my favorite artists, many of which have appeared on this blog. 

It included A Tribe Called Quest, Nas, Mos Def, Method and Redman, Ghostface and Raekwon, De La Soul, Rakim, MF Doom, Dead Prez, Murs, Spank Rock, Kid Sister, Cool Kids, Jay Electronica, Wale, Flosstradamus, The Pack, and Afrika Bambaattaa. I mean DAMN. 

But to make me feel worse, apparently JAY-Z came out with Nas and did 'Black Republicans'. The crowd absolutely lost it, and I would have too.





But that's not all! Talib Kweli came out with Mos Def and did a Black Star reunion. AND Busta Rhymes came out with A Tribe Called Quest for 'Scenario'. I mean how dope must this show have been! And how dumb am I for passing. 

Here's Busta with the Tribe . Look at him runnin' out there! He brings so much energy!

No comments: