Wednesday, August 13, 2008

It's Louis Vuitton Don Night

So we gonna do everything that Kan like!

First the video for 'Champion', which I have to say is one of my favorite songs off 'Graduation', and that album is full of tracks that have dominated my speakers at some point. But on a serious note if I see one more person rockin' the cheap version of those Kanye shades I'm going to snap them in half. Stop jockin' Kanye!




This first track is apparently the song that got Kanye noticed by Dame Dash in terms of rapping and eventually lead to him being signed by the Roc. It's crazy to think of how creative Kanye is sometimes. Not only did he create some of Jay-Z's greatest beats like 'H to the Izzo' but he also has gone on to become one of the most successful rappers in the world. And he isn't going to stop as he is rumored to produce Blueprint 3 with his mentor No I.D. 


This track is one Kanye did with Rhymefest when Fest was still an aspiring Chicago MC and not yet the Chi-Town version of King Kong. I'm more of a fan of Rhymefest's newer stuff but this shows his progression so well. I'm not saying this song is weak, but my preference is for the politically charged Fest, but the menacing flow and passion is still there.

No comments: