Sunday, August 24, 2008

Flosstradamus


Flosstradamus just did a mix for Diplo's Mad Decent Podcast, which you should get on if you aren't subscribed to it. Podcasts are a beautiful invention which delivers you free music on a reliable basis without the endless searching and frustrations of sound quality, but I digress. 

If you don't know about Flosstradamus they are a DJ duo out of Chicago, although one member has roots in Kalamazoo (the one on the phone). They have been steady putting out good stuff including a song that was released a couple years ago that I still listen to on beautiful summer nights, Overnight Star. A song sticking in my rotation for such a prolonged period is no easy feat, so if you haven't heard it give it a listen and I promise you won't be disappointed. 

This new mix was created as a recent history of Chicago House/ Ghettotech music. I'm a huge fan of Chicago house but Ghettotech brings rise to mixed feelings. This mix is very sexual, and I'm not talking about boy band or pop music sexual, I'm talking Spank Rock/you might need to shower after cause you feel dirty sexual. But dancing is a very sexual activity, so I can't judge. All I can do is turn it up and start moving to the beat, which is what I recommend for all. Don't listen to this sitting at your desk. 


No comments: