Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Weezy's Back


Not that he ever really left. He has still been putting out new/unreleased stuff like he never released The Carter III at all. Weezy has been all over the place this summer, whether it's blasting out of every radio in the city or every Ipod in the suburbs, you can't escape him. 

With that said, I needed a break from Weezy and I haven't listened to him much this summer, all this hype around him was just too overwhelming. But this remix has brought me out of hibernation. 

A Milli has probably been the most prominent track this summer, which surprised me cause when I first heard it I didn't think it would blow up like this, I thought it was a little to inaccessible, but shows what I know. 

Here's the remix as a DJ by Toy Selektah arranges it enough to change the feel but not the nature of the song. It's sped up a little and has some nice drums added to give it a more rhythmic feel, but it's still grimey like the original. 

No comments: