Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Love Lockdown


This one definitely made my day/week. The new single that Kanye performed at the VMA's has been released and there have been rumors floating around this song all week so I was happy it came sooner rather than later. I was about to cave in and start listening to the live version, but I come back from lunch and am finally rewarded for my diligence for checking every hour. 

However, I do not think this is the cut that will actually be on whatever record, whether it's Good Ass Job or 808's and Heartbreak, Kanye is planning to release in December (I'm still hoping for Good Ass Job). The chorus sounds a little strange and it isn't the best recording in the world, but I think Kanye was in a hurry to capitalize on all the hype from the VMA's and him being the smart individual that he is hurried and put it out. It's still a definite jam though, and I'll probably give it multiple spins on my commute back to SF this evening. 


No comments: