Monday, September 1, 2008

SF


I have arrived in San Francisco where I will make it my home for over 2 weeks. It is a strange place that is not like the Midwest. All I will say is that when I asked the person who was at the front desk of my hostel if I could lock my luggage/clothes somewhere, they looked at me like I was crazy. Apparently theft does not exist here and it is a magical wonderland. I guess that forgot about Oakland. 

But anyways one of the things I think about a lot before I start a trip is not only what sneakers to take along, but also what song to listen to as I step off the plane and into a new city. I didn't want to be cliche and listen to 'Going Back to Cali' by Biggie, plus I had never really been to Cali. 

I also didn't want to listen to 'California Love' by Tupac, so played out. 

So I settled on a couple different things to incorporate my love of the Oakland's beautiful hip hop subgenre that is all about ghostriding and going dumb: Hyphy of course. 

So I decided to go with a new song from Stunnaman of the Pack. Now sure the song is lacking in lyrics, but the beat was perfect to step off the plane to and to emerge from the subway into downtown SF. 




No comments: