Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Guilty Pleasures



Lately, there have been a couple songs that have drawn my attention that I normally wouldn't listen to, but for some reason that have found there way into my headphones lately. 

This first song is combines DJ Khaled with autotone, two of the most despised things in modern hip hop these days. I want to make it clear I like this song DESPITE Khaled, not because of him. But autotone I can tolerate, and this is autotone madness as Kanye and T-Pain combine for a song that uses it to death. I love Kanye's closing line though, which is why it's receiving play. 

Imma tell you like George Bush told me
Fuck ya'll ni**as I'm outta here. 


The next one I like for the beat, which is provided by Bangladesh, the man who brought you amilliamilliamilliamilliamillamillamillamilli, thats the Weezy song A Milli if you didn't get it. I'm conflicted about this song though, because while I love Busta, Officer Rawse has never really appealed to me besides the monster single from a couple years ago 'Hustlin' But the beat in this song is crazy. The bass dropping during Busta's verse makes this track worth a listen on its own. 

No comments: