Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Recession


Young Jeezy's The Recession dropped yesterday and I was sure to go pick it up after work. I realized from the first time I played it that this wasn't the same Jeezy record as the past two. As a lot of rappers tend to do, he turns to a much more introspective point of view instead of reporting his environment, which if you haven't listened to Jeezy's two previous albums, has a lot to do with selling crack. 

But here Jeezy moves to addressing political issues with songs like 'My President', but he still has that drug rap mixed in which makes this album have a very unique feel. Don't worry the ad libs and synthetic beats that brought Jeezy to this point are still there in full. 

Considering I am kind of on vacation, I'll throw this up. 

No comments: