Thursday, January 22, 2009

You Maaaadddd!

The inauguration was without a doubt a day of national celebration, and justifiably so. The first black president was ushered into office. There have been too many hip-hop tracks to count celebrating this historic event such as Jay-Z's 'History'. But at the same time, a lot of people (myself included) are ecstatic that George Bush is leaving office. Some are so happy they just can't hold it in, and one of these people was Young Jeezy and Jay-Z at a show days before the inauguration. 

I personally love the remix Jay-Z did for 'My President Is Black', but little did I know the people of Fox News thought otherwise. Check out Bill O'Reilly and Dennis Miller discussing how awful it is that these two rappers are 'spewing hate'. 



First off, I would also like to extend my thanks to those people that Young Jeezy mentioned. And does Bill really think people still like Bush at all? Even his own party won't welcome him in. I also hate how Dennis Miller acts like hip-hop invented the word 'hoes' and sexism in general. But besides all this, they criticize these two artists for words of 'hate' then go on a partisan rant about how Guantanamo is being closed. I can't help but watch this and be reminded of this precious piece of video. 




Anyways, here's a few tracks. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo I remember that dipset / dash stuff - O'Reilly stays hating on Hip Hop.. I get that Jay and Jeezy's performance was "shocking" to some of white america, but Jay's verse sent a lot of truth out into that croud.. I thought it was right on point.. Oh here's the video O'Reilly cut that clip out of - it's the whole performance at the club.. check it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3KATbnLudM&fmt=18

or

http://chunnel.tv/music/469/young-jeezy-and-jay-z-at-the-belvedere-inaugural-ball

JRock said...

I like how Dennis Miller deflected the "hate" from Bush to the racist image of "Ramsey El Kaboom." Did O'Reilly and Miller miss the fact that the entire crowd at the inauguration waved good riddance to Bush as he flew out on Marine 1? The whole country told Bush to get the fuck out, Jeezy and Jay-Z just said it explicitly. Literally.

I have my own questions with a lot pop rap has to say, but this wasn't one of them.