Monday, July 21, 2008

Ipod Theft















So Rhymefest's Ipod was stolen, and this Ipod apparently contained his future album titled 'El Che' which is slated  to be released in the fall. Consequently, songs were leaked. 

However, this is a little different than the normal leak. The person who stole the Ipod wrote a letter which is interesting. The writer claimed they loved Rhymefest and was frustrated because even though he makes so much hot music, it never finds the light of day because of record company squabbles. So this person decided to leak tracks. Here's the last part of the letter

I got songs from your iPod. I'm going to leak a record from EL CHE every week until you drop a single or a video or some shit. The people have NO FUCKING IDEA how hot this shit sounds. Well, I'm going to show them. You had everything on your iPod. Even old, vintage shit. I'm gonna drop that, too. Until you or your weak-ass label keep your word and start dropping some fucking music. And, I'm not playing. I'm going to make you a better artist. I can't wait to see what you do.'

So here is a couple songs that leaked. I don't know how I feel about this yet, and I still encourage all to purchase 'El Che' when it drops because I'm confident it will be fire. I mean 'Man in the Mirror' was dope, but I have been waiting on 'El Che' like everyone else. I just feel like everyone is missing out on Fest! Both these songs are crazy, and have that personal tone that Rhymefest does so well. He's one of the easiest rappers to relate to. 




No comments: