Monday, July 28, 2008

After Long Delay

















I finally have the Santogold/Diplo 'Top Ranking' mixtape, although it took forever. And if this picture coupled with the mixtape doesn't make you forever link Santogold and M.I.A. I don't know what else you need. I like 'Top Ranking', but not as much as Diplo's mixtape with M.I.A., but maybe that has something to do with me liking M.I.A. more than Santogold. I mean Santogold turned me off with that cover of her puking gold glitter and being in Bud Lime commercials. But the mixtape is still good. Diplo definitely brings a unique flavor that only he could bring. Anways you can download the mixtape here.

This first one is similar to the Diplo remix of 'Starstruck' which I posted earlier, but this time he throws some vocals over it. 


I think the strings in this song are a really good touch, I like the discordant sound for this one. It still flows with the drums in the background. 





No comments: