Saturday, March 28, 2009

Morning Hip-Hop


Something I often thought about while I would make my early morning treks to campus was always: 'Man, I wish I had a playlist of morning specific hip-hop. I'm not trying to listen to this club banger or this heavy conscious thing, it's too damn early'. 

Generally when people think hip-hop, they don't think mornings, they think nights. However, I recently found a good compilation of morning hip-hop songs that have the bravado and motivation aspects that are essential to the jam that will get you going in the morning. Plus, it has a real nice mix of new and classic tracks. 

My favorite has to be Ice Cube's 'Today Was A Good Day'. It's for those relaxing mornings. If you're looking for more motivation try Outkast's 'Git Up, Git Out' or Jay-Z's 'Early This Morning'. 


1 comment:

maggotronix said...

going check this one out sweetness and counter with my own.