Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm Black In College



If you know me, you know I'm not really into this new guy named Asher Roth and despise his new single 'I Love College' which is so uncreative lyrically it hurts. By far my most hated lyric is:

I am champion at beer pong
Allen Iverson, Hakeem Olajuwon


First of all, I bet Hakeem The Dream would suck at beer pong. His numerous post moves would be pointless. And Iverson would find a way to bring down his team. He would just be playing by himself chucking like there is no tomorrow. What I'm saying is Asher Roth and his single 'I Love College' are just not for me and the concept of a subgenre titled 'frat rap' is just terrifying. 

Luckily, a young artist named Front Page has taken the hit single and put it to good use in his remix titled 'I'm Black In College'. He takes a pretty serious issue and makes it funny which isn't easy. What makes this track all the more enjoyable is it applies so well to my alma mater Kalamazoo College. 

Can I graduate?
Or do you just want to keep me here the rest of my life?

2 comments:

JRock said...

I agree that Asher Roth is awful.

However, when it comes to insultingly, painfully bad one-liners, I think Kanye still wins with his "any jeans necessary," and "do anything for a blonde dyke." At least Roth admits he's a shitty jock-rapper...

nicolas08 said...

Roth admits no such thing. And you are too harsh on Kanye. That 'by any jeans necessary line' isn't bad at all, in fact i kind of like it.