Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Play or Get Played


Usually I'm not one to become obsessed with a television show. It just takes too much commitment to center plans around sitting around for a half hour or so to watch a lot of commercials. But that's part of the beauty of The Wire which has recently popped up on the beautiful on demand feature for HBO. 

One of the things I love about The Wire is the intersections it has with hip-hop music. Not only is Method Man one of the characters, but Wire references are all over hip-hop. Check this video by Skillz. 



I also stumbled across an awesome list of If Rappers Were Characters From The Wire. First of all, I never knew Charles Hamilton looked so much like Duquan, and Andre 3000 is right on with Lester. I can even see Nas being Avon and Jay being Stringer as Nas stayed a little more street oriented (arguably) than Jay-Z.  The funniest comparisons definitely are Rick Ross with Bunk and Scott Storch with as Ziggy. 


Now before I get back to my romp through the first season for the second time, what would be a post on The Wire without Clay Davis and his trademark phrase. 


1 comment:

Stephen said...

i think snoop is in one of officer rick ross's videos...here i am, maybe?