Thursday, December 4, 2008

New York City


In honor of my upcoming trip to NYC I created a nice playlist full of hip-hop from the city that never sleeps. However, as I realized how extensive my playlist had become I started to break it down into a playlist for each borough. So I thought I'd give you my top 5 songs from each borough (minus Manhattan). Let's start it out with the birthplace, the Bronx. 

Bronx- Home of the Yankees, but more importantly the birthplace of hip-hop. Just leave it at that. 







Brooklyn- The hardest borough to pick 5 from. I'll limit myself and try to do some things a little off the map. 







Harlem- Not being a fan of Dipset lately, I had to reach back for some stuff from this borough. 







Queens- A very underrated borough. While there are certainly better Run and Nas songs, these two I've been feeling lately. 









Long Island-  I never realized two of hip-hop's most influential group were from Long Island. 







Staten Island- Wu-Tang dominated.


















No comments: