Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Brooklyn Go Hard


New Jay-Z, and if that wasn't enough, Kanye West produced. This song is reminiscent of Swagger Like Us as Kanye calls on a Santogold sample, who is more and more appearing as an M.I.A. All she needs to do know is be pregnant in a couple years and their career paths may be completely the same. 

While Jay-Z adopts some what of a Jamaican accent/Lil' Wayne flow on the first verse, the second is classic Jay. 

I father I Brooklyn Dodger them I jack I rob I sin
Aw man I'm Jackie Robinson
Except when I run base I dodge the pen
Lucky me luckily they didn't get me
Now when I bring the Nets I'm the black Branch Ricky


But anyways, this track will be featured on the Notorious soundtrack, which is reportedly supposed to be a good film. From what I've heard, the man that plays Biggie does a fine job. Check the trailer here. 


No comments: