Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Kendrick Lamar

In case you haven't heard, Kendrick Lamar can rap like there's no tomorrow. In the span of one year he's gone from a blip on my personal musical radar to a staple of my existence. And what has earned him this unbelievably esteemed position is really two things. First, he perfectly paints broad societal and generational critiques with seemingly minimal detail. Secondly, I think if I were talented enough to be a rapper, I would be like Kendrick Lamar. Broadly scoped songs with a persona that appears detached and calm.

Anyways check out 'Ignorance Is Bliss' which is a phenomenal video portraying Kendrick's going from the grave of his friend to exact revenge with perfect Malcolm X sample at the end. And 'A.D.H.D.' is possibly my favorite song of this year with Section80 being one of my favorite albums of the year.






No comments: